INSURANCE BAD FAITH
Contact Us[contact-form-7 id="631" title="Contact Form"]
Help and Advice for Policyholders
Insurance is supposed to be there when you need it to cover you financially when you become sick or get injured, whether it was by your own hand, or by the hands and negligence of another party; additionally, it is there to protect your business if a client, or customer, somehow injures themselves while on your property, or when they are using one of your products.
Whether you are a homeowner or an entrepreneur running a startup business, insurance is something that provides much-needed peace of mind and protection from utter financial ruin, potentially a a result of a lawsuit and compensation. When disaster strikes, your insurer should step forward to help you weather the storm and guide you safely through the miasma of claims, or possibly court.
Unfortunately, insurance companies do not always live up to their promises and will look to cut corners and/or chase marginal profits at whomever’s expense – oftentimes yours. At the Klibaner Law Firm, we understand the intricacies of insurance policies and claims and help policy holders navigate the coverage dispute process while reducing stressors and headaches along the way. We have assisted clients with all types of insurance claims, including:
- Homeowners insurance — consider that you were robbed while you were on vacation: you want your property and assets valued and secured. If they were stolen, you’d want the full monetary equivalent given to you, even thought he sentimental value could never be replaced.
- Auto insurance — too often today, drivers are distracted due to long hours at work, or the constant barrage of interconnectivity at the hands of smartphones. It is imperative to insure yourself and your vehicle against carless and reckless drivers. If you feel this is something you can skimp out on, let us issue a challenge: next time you go for a drive, count the number of drivers staring at their phones at a red light. Better yet, count the drivers looking down at their smartphones while they are in gear. Still think you can cover yourself against that?
- Life insurance — It is a tragedy to lose a family member and one of the last gifts they can grant is some form of financial stability to their spouse, children, or loved ones.
- Health insurance — Medical maladies can strike at any time and hospital bills have limited competition in draining bank accounts and sending patients into debt. The safety net of knowing that you can contact your doctor when something feels painful, or even slightly off, instead of ignoring it for days, weeks, or months while it festers, has no price.
- Residential property — Mother nature fears no home and wreaks havoc on many a house throughout the year. Tossing your safety to the wind is, at a minimum, ill advised.
- Commercial property — Business owners are almost always liable for the injuries that happen to victims while on their property; having insurance as a business is a no-brainer at a minimum.
- Trucking accidents — Considering the weight behind a truck and the human response time to breaking to avoid an unforeseen accident, there isn’t much to say about covering yourself and your drivers with trucking insurance. The risk for damage is high: protect yourself.
- Agent negligence — A moment of carelessness, or a crucial detail overlooked, can result in detrimental financial loss at the hands of an insurance agent.
- Underinsured and uninsured motorists — Without proper insurance, if you find yourself in an accident, the bills can pile up very quickly. If your insurance agent says he can’t help you, seek legal counsel immediately to avoid paying for damages out of pocket.
- Professional malpractice coverage — Malpractice is a coverall term for negligence on behalf of a medical professional where the patient is the victim. Examples include: misdiagnosis of a sickness, not diagnosing a sickness entirely as it festers and worsens, providing the wrong treatment and/or medicine, and complications from surgery. When a doctor fails us and our health deteriorates, the results can be catastrophic, even deadly.
If your insurer has denied your claim or underpaid on the coverage you need, we can help you fight to recover the compensation that is rightfully yours.
Comprehensive Insurance Representation
Insurance law is a broad practice area that encompasses many important issues. At the Klibaner Law Firm, our knowledge of this important legal area runs deep. We believe in taking on cases that matter and helping clients that deserve to prevail. Our comprehensive knowledge of the insurance industry is an invaluable resource to our clients. Our experienced attorneys help policyholders and insurers in both breach of contract and bad faith cases.
Breach of Contract
Your insurance contract is a binding legal document that sets forth the rights and obligations of both sides. You pay your policy faithfully for years on end – your insurer is required to fulfill its side of the bargain, too. When insurance companies fail their customers, we step up to defend these policy
Your insurance company owes you a duty of “good faith and fair dealing.” Simply put, your insurance company must treat you fairly. Some insurers do everything they can to deny a claim, from ignoring evidence and flubbing investigations to misleading customers and failing to keep policyholders informed. If your insurance company has acted in bad faith, we can help.
Denver, Colorado Insurance Dispute Lawyers
We provide thorough insurance dispute counsel to policyholders and insurers throughout Colorado and across the country. Our work in the insurance industry has earned our firm a reputation for representing clients with integrity and a passionate commitment to obtaining meaningful results. Contact us today at 303-863-1445 to discuss your case. You can also get in touch by submitting your information through our online contact form.