Any time you get behind the wheel, there is a risk of getting into a traffic accident. If you drive during certain periods of time – or more often on some days or months of the year, however, your risk of a car crash may be far greater.
This is generally because, during these high-risk accident times there tends to be more drivers and/or more negligent drivers on the roads.
When You Have the Greatest Risk of a Traffic Accident
During the evening and nighttime – From about 6pm through midnight, there is a significantly higher risk of traffic accidents, as this is when more people are on the roads because they are commuting home from work. This window of time is also when drunk drivers may be going to and from parties, etc.
- Over the weekend – Saturdays are one of the busiest days U.S. roads see. They also happen to be the day when the most traffic accidents occur in an average week. Friday nights and Sundays also see peaks in accidents rates for the average week.
- In the summertime – While teen drivers are on the roads about 40 percent longer during the summer time, there are just simply more motorists in general (including motorcycle riders, bicycle riders and others) sharing the roads with drivers during the summer. Denser traffic means more complicated driving conditions and, in turn, a greater opportunity for mistakes, negligent driving and collisions.
What You Can Do to Minimize Your Risk of an Auto Wreck: Drive Defensively
The fact is that you can never control the sobriety or behaviors of other motorists on the road. What you can do, however, is take part in actively promoting safety by driving defensively. Some of the specific things you can do to this end include:
- Following all traffic laws when driving.
- Choosing not to drive when you are not sober, alert or prepared to focus on the task of driving.
Also, always buckle up – it could reduce your chances of being hurt or killed if or when a car accident does happen by as much as 50 percent.
Contact a Denver Car Accident Attorney at the Klibaner Law Firm
Have you been injured in a traffic accident? If so, a Denver car accident attorney at the Klibaner Law Firm is here for you, ready to aggressively advocate your rights to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. At the Klibaner Law Firm, our lawyers are passionate about defending the rights and interests of people who have been injured by others’ carelessness, recklessness and negligence.
To learn more about your options and how we can help you, contact our firm today by calling us at (303) 863-1445 or emailing us using the contact form on this page. When you contact us:
- You will be able to discuss your case directly with one of our experienced attorneys.
- You will pay nothing for speaking with us
- We will answer your questions thoroughly, honestly, and confidentially.
From our offices based in Denver, our attorneys provide superior representation to injured people throughout the Denver metro area and Colorado.