Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
Traumatic brain injuries are caused by some outside force impacting the head and damaging some region of the brain. While TBIs can be caused by bumps or blows to the head, they may also result from objects penetrating the skull and injuring the brain.
When any type of negligence contributes to brain injuries, injured people can turn to the experienced Denver brain injury attorneys at the Klibaner Law Firm for experienced help pursuing justice and compensation.
Top Four Causes of Brain Injuries in the U.S.
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC),1 the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries in the U.S. are:
- Falling, which causes about 35.2 percent of all TBIs
- Motor vehicle accidents, which cause about 17.3 percent of all TBIs
- Being struck by or against something, which causes about 16.5 percent of all TBIs
- Assaults, which cause about 10 percent of all TBIs.
About 21 percent of TBIs reportedly have “other causes.” Sports accidents, carbon monoxide poisoning, exposure to blasts and domestic violence/abuse are among just a few examples of the “other causes” of traumatic brain injuries.
When Negligence Causes TBIs
Negligence can contribute to traumatic brain injuries in various ways, with some of the more common examples including (but not being limited to):
- Driver negligence, which can cause traffic accidents and brain injuries – Driver negligence can specifically include drunk driving, distracted driving, failing to comply with traffic laws, etc.
- The negligence of businesses/companies, which can occur when companies put unsafe drivers on the road (and these drivers cause accidents and brain injuries), companies’ faulty products cause accidents (and brain injuries), etc.
- Landlord or building owner negligence when dangerous premises cause falling accidents and brain injuries – This can include anything from failing to fix broken stair railings to failing to pick up spills and/or warning people about fall hazards.
- Other negligence.
Proving Negligence for Brain Injury Cases
When negligence has played a role in causing people’s brain injuries, the Denver brain injury attorneys at the Klibaner Law Firm can help injured people obtain the compensation they deserve by:
- Reviewing police reports associated with the accident (when available)
- Re-interviewing accident witnesses
- Hiring expert witnesses to support allegations of negligence
- Establishing the nature and severity of the brain injury (and this can include compiling medical reports, retaining expert witnesses, etc.)
- Standing up to insurance companies (and other daunting opponents) on behalf of injured people in any legal setting.
Keep in mind that we may do various other things to craft our clients the strongest possible cases and that we always tailor our legal services to meet our clients’ needs and fit the circumstances of their cases.
Denver Personal Injury Attorney at the Klibaner Law Firm
Have you or a loved one suffered a brain injury? If so, a Denver personal injury attorney at the Klibaner Law Firm is here for you, ready to aggressively advocate your rights to help you obtain compensation. At the Klibaner Law Firm, our lawyers are passionate about defending the rights and interests of people who have been injured by others’ carelessness, recklessness and negligence.
This means that, when you trust us to represent you, you can count on receiving:
- Effective legal advocacy
- Personalized, responsive legal service
- Clear advice and honest answers
- Experienced help bringing your case to a successful resolution.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about your options and how we can help you, contact our firm today by calling us at (303) 863-1445 or emailing us using the contact form on this page. When you contact us:
- You will be able to discuss your case directly with one of our experienced attorneys.
- You will pay nothing for speaking with us.
- We will answer your questions thoroughly, honestly, and confidentially.
From our offices based in Denver, our attorneys provide superior representation to injured people throughout the Denver metro area and Colorado.