Different Types of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can occur almost anywhere, and in many cases, these accidents are caused by some type of negligence or carelessness. In fact, where and how slip and fall accidents occur will be crucial to determining the type of accident that has taken place and, in turn, who may be liable for compensating accident victims.
At the Klibaner Law Firm, our Denver slip and fall attorneys have extensive experience representing people with various types of slip and fall claims. We are skilled at holding negligent parties accountable for hurting our clients, and we will work diligently and relentlessly to help our clients secure the compensation they deserve.
Below is an overview of some of the most common types of slip and fall accidents, with these accidents being classified into two categories, based on where they occur and how they occur. While the information below is enlightening, don’t hesitate to contact our Denver lawyers for a free, thorough case evaluation.
Types of Slip and Fall Accidents: Where They Occur
Slip and falls in public places, in which case a specific government or corporate entity can be liable – These types of slip and falls can include (but aren’t limited to):
- Sidewalk slip and falls, which can result from a failure to maintain sidewalks or properly block off sidewalk construction areas
- Slip and falls in parks, which can result from poorly maintained grounds or equipment, holes in the sidewalks or even construction equipment being left in inappropriate places
- Slip and falls in government buildings, which can occur when spills are not cleaned up, objects are left in walkways or people are not warned of falling hazards
- Restaurant and retail slip and falls, which can result from spilled food, garbage being left out, blocked walkways, etc.
- Slip and falls in private places, such as:
- Slip and falls in private homes, in which case private homeowners and possibly homeowner’s associations can be liable
- Workplace slip and falls, in which case an employer or even a third party (like a building owner) can be responsible for compensating injured people
- Nursing home slip and falls, in which case staff and/or the owner of the home can be liable.
Types of Slip and Fall Accidents: How They Occur
Slip and fall accidents can also be categorized based on their specific causes (i.e., how they occurred). Commonly, these types of slip and fall accidents include those caused by:
- Wet flooring
- Icy or otherwise slick flooring
- Objects cluttering the floor
- Uneven or damaged flooring
- Insufficient lighting
- Holes or trenches in the ground or flooring.
The Denver Slip and Fall Attorneys at the Klibaner Law Firm Are Ready to Help You
Have you or a loved one been injured in a slip and fall accident? If so, the Denver slip and fall attorneys at the Klibaner Law Firm are here for you, ready to aggressively advocate your rights to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. At the Klibaner Law Firm, our Denver slip and fall attorneys have more than 30 years of experience helping our clients bring their cases to successful resolutions.
Let us put our experience, skills and resources to work helping you. With us on your side, you can be confident that your interests will be fully protected as we help you hold negligent parties accountable to maximize your financial recovery.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about your options and how we can help you, contact our firm today by calling us at (303) 863-1445 or emailing us using the contact form on this page. When you contact us:
- You will be able to discuss your case directly with one of our experienced attorneys.
- You will pay nothing for speaking with us
- We will answer your questions thoroughly, honestly, and confidentially.
From our offices based in Denver, our attorneys provide superior representation to injured people throughout the Denver metro area and Colorado.