How Negligence Can Contribute to Slip and Fall Accidents
Building and property owners, as well as landlords and property managers, have a legal and ethical responsibility to maintain safe premises and prevent harm to those who may enter those premises. Unfortunately, however, these parties do not always live up to their responsibilities, and this can cause people to slip, fall and sustain injuries.
When negligence has played a role in causing slip and fall accidents, injured people can turn to the experienced Denver slip and fall lawyers at the Klibaner Law Firm for aggressive legal advocacy and effective help pursuing compensation and justice.
Common Forms of Negligence that Can Cause Slip and Fall Accidents
Some of the forms of negligence that commonly play a role in causing slip and fall accidents include (but are by no means limited to):
- Failing to promptly clean up spills
- Failing to repair uneven flooring
- Failing to properly light a stairwell, hallway or any other area where people are walking
- Failing to warn people of falling hazards, such as slippery floors or uneven flooring
- Leaving objects in commonly traveled walkways
- Failing to remove ice and/or snow that creates slipping hazards.
Negligence & Slip and Fall Accidents: More Important Info
When it comes to negligence and slip and fall accidents, it’s important to point out that:
- Various parties can be liable – For instance, managers or anyone who has been left in charge of a facility can be liable when their carelessness contributes to slip and falls.
- There are strict deadlines for filing slip and fall cases – In fact, people will usually only have two years from the date of their accidents to proceed with claims. While this can sound like a lot of time, it can go by really quickly, especially when people may be focused on their physical recovery.
- Dealing with insurance companies can be a big challenge in slip and fall cases – This is because the insurance companies for retailers, building owners and others are usually out to protect their own profits and minimize victims’ injuries and payouts.
- Retaining an experienced attorney can be essential to obtaining the full amount of compensation deserved after these accidents – In fact, attorneys can identify all of the liable parties and fight for injured parties to ensure that the resulting awards fairly compensate people for their injuries and losses.
Denver Slip and Fall Lawyers at the Klibaner Law Firm
Have you or a loved one been injured in a slip and fall accident? If so, it is time to contact the Denver slip and fall lawyers at the Klibaner Law Firm. For more than 30 years, our Denver slip and fall lawyers have been dedicated to providing our clients with personalized, aggressive representation and the highest quality legal services.
Our passion to fight injustice motivates us to work relentlessly to help our clients:
- Secure compensation for their medical bills, suffering and losses
- Obtain justice so they can reclaim their lives and focus on their future.
No one should have to face serious injuries alone – and with us on your side, you won’t have to. Let us put our experience, skills and resources to work helping you with your financial recovery.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about your options and how we can help you, contact our firm today by calling us at (303) 863-1445 or emailing us using the contact form on this page. When you contact us:
- You will be able to discuss your case directly with one of our experienced attorneys.
- You will pay nothing for speaking with us
- We will answer your questions thoroughly, honestly, and confidentially.
From our offices based in Denver, our attorneys provide superior representation to injured people throughout the Denver metro area and Colorado.