Treatment for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
More than 20,000 people receive treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning in U.S. emergency rooms every year. Among these, about 4,000 require hospitalization and additional, more intensive treatments.1
Given that carbon monoxide (CO) gas can build up in the body as people continue to inhale it, seeking treatment as soon as the symptoms of CO poisoning become apparent will be crucial to preventing potentially life-threatening complications.
Medical Treatments: Physically Recovering after CO Poisoning
Carbon monoxide poisoning impairs the body’s ability to absorb oxygen, which can seriously damage vital tissues. Consequently, the best treatment for CO poisoning is oxygen therapy to replenish the body’s oxygen levels and restore them to normal.
As a treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning, oxygen therapy can come in two forms:
- 100% oxygen therapy, in which people use a mask to breathe in oxygen – This is the most common CO poisoning treatment.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, in which people lie inside of a chamber that delivers them high-pressure oxygen – This is typically used in more severe cases when the CO levels in the blood need to be reduced very quickly.
When CO poisoning is promptly and properly treated, recovery can occur within a few days. However, people who have experienced CO poisoning should be aware that:
- Some longer-term problems resulting from CO poisoning can arise in the weeks following treatment – These can include things like vision and coordination problems (or even behavioral changes).
- They may need follow-up medical care to treat such complications of CO poisoning.
Financially Recovering after CO Poisoning
Physically recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning may be just one aspect of injured people’s overall recovery. In fact, when negligence has played a role in exposing people to dangerous levels of CO gas:
- There can be various options for financial recovery, as injured people may be able to hold negligent building owners, manufacturers or others accountable for contributing to their CO poisoning injuries and losses.
- Consulting with an attorney as soon as possible will be essential to finding out more about the best options for obtaining compensation.
Denver Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyers at the Klibaner Law Firm
Have you or a loved one been exposed to dangerous or deadly levels of carbon monoxide? If so, it is time to contact the experienced Denver carbon monoxide poisoning lawyers at the Klibaner Law Firm. For more than 30 years, the lawyers at the Klibaner Law Firm have been:
- Aggressive, dedicated advocates for people who have been injured by others’ negligence
- Committed to helping our clients obtain fair, reasonable, and just compensation for their injuries
- Working relentlessly to help them obtain the justice and compensation they deserve so they can reclaim their lives.
Our Denver carbon monoxide poisoning attorneys have a proven record of helping our clients bring their cases to successful resolutions, and we are ready to put our experience, skills and resources to work helping you.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about your options and how we can help you, contact our firm today by calling us at (303) 863-1445 or emailing us using the contact form on this page. When you contact us:
- You will be able to discuss your case directly with one of our experienced attorneys.
- You will pay nothing for speaking with us
- We will answer your questions thoroughly, honestly, and confidentially.
From our offices based in Denver, our attorneys provide superior representation to injured people throughout the Denver metro area and Colorado.