Researchers at Health Grove recently reported their findings regarding the most dangerous consumer products in the U.S., based on their analysis of data compiled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). We’ve presented a snapshot of their surprising findings below.
Here’s What Can Hurt You & Your Family
According to Health Grove, the products that most often threaten the safety of U.S. consumers include:
- Stairs – Killing more than 300 people and injuring at least 1.12 million others each year in the U.S., stairs are considered to be the “most dangerous” item in the U.S. This is because, researchers say, they can create inherent falling risks that, in some cases, can lead to serious – if not life-threatening – injuries.
- Flooring materials – Carpet, rugs and other flooring materials kill more than 970 people and injure at least 939,600 others each year in the U.S. The main problem with these products arises when they are not properly laid, causing a major risk of slipping, tripping and falling.
- Cycling devices – Bikes, tricycles and unicycles kill more than 360 people and hurt more than 610,100 others each year in the U.S. While failing to follow common safety rules is a factor, so too is not wearing the right protective gear, researchers say.
- Furniture – Furniture like dressers, tables and desks (but not including beds or chairs) kills an average of 114 people and injures more than 578,700 others each year in the U.S. Climbing or jumping on furniture, not properly assembling it and/or not properly securing it (like to walls) are among the contributing factors to these products harming the public.
- Knives – Not counting intentional knife attacks or stabbings, using (or playing with) knives – including kitchen and pocket knives – kills about 19 people and hurts upwards of 427,170 others each year in the U.S.
- Chairs and couches – Recliners, couches, beach chairs, rocking chairs, stools and even folding chairs kill an average of 187 people and hurt more than 415,800 others in the U.S. each year. In many cases, the issue with these products is balancing and falling.
What do you think about these findings? Share your opinions with us on Facebook & Google+.
Contact the Denver Personal Injury Lawyers at the Klibaner Law Firm
If you or someone you love has been hurt by a dangerous or defective product, the Denver personal injury lawyers at the Klibaner Law Firm are here for you, ready to aggressively advocate your rights to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
To learn more about your options and how we can help you, contact our firm today by calling us at (303) 863-1445 or emailing us using the contact form on this page. When you contact us:
- You will be able to discuss your case directly with one of our experienced attorneys.
- You will pay nothing for speaking with us
- We will answer your questions thoroughly, honestly, and confidentially.
From our offices based in Denver, our attorneys provide superior representation to injured people throughout the Denver metro area and Colorado.